Volunteer Agriculture & Farming in Argentina
- Placement locations: Villa Rumipal
- Role: Contributing to an organic farming plot at a nature reserve
- Requirements: None
- Accommodation: Hostel
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
When you arrive at the project, you will be taught everything you need to know about farming and agriculture, so no previous experience is needed. This makes the project a good fit for volunteers of all ages and skill levels, whether you are a gap year student, a career breaker, retiree, or simply looking to do volunteer work over a vacation.
Organic and Sustainable Farming in Argentina
At the organic farm site in Villa Rumipal, you will be involved in a variety of tasks. These include:
- The organic farming process
- The sustainable use of resourcesv
- Crop rotation and pest control
- Types of compost and the decomposition process
- Health management of rabbits
- Production of free range eggs
Currently, the project does not receive any support from the government. As a result, some of the vegetables grown in the garden are sold to the locals for a small amount of money, which contributes to sustainable development in the community.
The Agriculture & Farming Project in Argentina is available from two weeks if you do not have time to join us for four weeks or more. This project has been selected by our local colleagues as being suitable for shorter durations for both the host community and the volunteer. Although you will gain valuable cultural insight and work intensely within the local community please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone participating for a longer period.