Law & Business in China
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: Chengdu
- Types of placements: Law Firms and Local Companies
- Accommodation: Hostel or Volunteer Apartment
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: Chengdu (CTU)
- Local Languages: Mandarin
For anyone who is considering a career in law and has a strong interest in Chinese language and culture, this project offers a rare opportunity to gain firsthand experience in both.
Based in Chengdu you’ll visit law firms and various legal departments. During your two weeks, you will get a broad overview of law in China, spanning the entire legal spectrum of commercial and corporate law. You will be responsible for researching case studies, proofreading documents, and making comparisons between foreign and Chinese legal systems.
In addition to the legal experience you will also receive presentations and assignments from various companies, providing you with a greater insight into international business.
Your weekend will be spent visiting the panda sanctuary for which Chengdu is famous. You’ll also get the opportunity to walk up Qinhcheng Mountain, visit the Leshan Giant Buddha, or spend a day exploring more of the city sites that Chengdu has to offer.
During your time in China, you will stay at a hostel or in shared volunteer apartments.