Volunteer Care & Community in Senegal
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: St. Louis
- Types of placements: Kindergarten or Centre for Street Children
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: Dakar (DKR)
- Local Languages: French & Wolof
Based in the picturesque town of St. Louis in northern Senegal, this placement offers the chance to experience a taste of Senegalese culture and contribute to the local community. This is a great project for students interested in childcare and anyone wanting to experience a cultural immersion.
During your time in Senegal, you will live with a local host family and your days will be spent doing a variety of different activities at a kindergarten or centre for street children. You will spend time supporting the children in the morning and also help to renovate and decorate a local school or community centre in the afternoons. With the help of your fellow volunteers, as well as volunteers from the Building & French High School Special, you will be able to transform the building and provide a fresh and colorful environment for the children.
On the weekend you will spend time visiting the historic sites in and around St Louis. There are also social activities arranged throughout the two weeks including drum and dance lessons and a meal at a local restaurant.