Care & Community in Morocco
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: Rabat
- Types of placements: Care Centers
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: Rabat (RBA) or Casablanca (CMN) for an extra fee
- Local Languages: Arabic, French & Tamazight
Although geographically Morocco lies closer to Europe, culturally, politically, and economically it has far more in common with the Middle East. Arabic is the official language of the country, with French the second most widely spoken language.
During your stay you and your fellow volunteers will work on vital community projects in one of our partner care centres in Rabat. Daily tasks include playing games with the children and helping them with basic education.
You will also have the chance to spend a day learning some traditional Moroccan artisan skills, shopping in the market, and making a typical Moroccan meal, preparing the food in a riad house. You'll then get to sample your culinary efforts while being serenaded by a Moroccan quartet!
Throughout your stay in Morocco you will live with an Arabic or French speaking host family who will help you learn all about Morocco's traditions.
During the weekend a city trip will be arranged and you will visit the historic sites of Rabat, Morocco's capital city.