Care & Community in Samoa for Teens
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: Apia and various villages in Upolu Island
- Types of placements: Schools, kindergartens, care centres, and community projects
- Accommodation: Host Family
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: Faleolo International Airport (APW)
- Local Languages: Samoan & English
Our Care & Community program for teenagers in Samoa is a great way to give back while experiencing a different way of life in a traditional village. As a volunteer on the island, you will become part of the community as you give local kids educational support and contribute to ongoing projects aimed at benefiting everyone in the village.
Teachers at local schools, kindergartens, and care centres will welcome the extra pairs of helping hands that you and the group represent, and you will assist with classes and the kids’ care. If you have any skills or interests that you think will be suitable, this is a wonderful opportunity to put them to use. You can do arts and crafts, teach games, and sing songs – you are only limited by your imagination!
Your involvement in the community only begins there. During your time in Apia, you will live with a local host family, and be involved in all aspects of village life, like celebrating important events. The group will also be involved in ongoing projects, from maintaining community buildings to helping with local sustainability initiatives.
Over weekends, our staff will travel with you on tours around the island and the beautiful coastline that Samoa is famous for.