Journalism in Romania
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: Brasov
- Types of placements: The Village Magazine
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: Bucharest (OTP)
- Local Languages: Romanian
For those looking to break into the competitive world of journalism, this is for you!
You will be working at "The Village" magazine, an English and Romanian language magazine targeted at both expatriates and local Romanians. As a writer you will work on specific assignments, focusing on local issues with guidance from the editor. You will be interviewing local people, reviewing events, writing features, and taking photographs. As you work alongside the local experts you can put your passion into practice.
Before leaving Romania you should have several articles ready to be published in the next edition.
A visit to a UNESCO church and time visiting a traditional Romanian village should inspire your writing! Finally, no trip to Brasov would be complete without opportunities to explore the town where Austrian, Hungarian, and Romanian cultures meet.