Sports in Ghana for Teens
- Project Info
- What are High School Specials?
- Community Service Credit
- High School Specials Impact Report
- Placement location: Accra
- Types of placements: Soccer Club
- Accommodation: Host Families
- Age Requirements: 15-18 years old
- Arrival Airport: Accra (ACC)
- Local Languages: English & Twi
Spend two weeks coaching soccer in friendly West Africa! Soccer is everywhere in Ghana. From the flags on cars, stickers in taxis, locals wearing jerseys, and kids playing in the street, it is immediately apparent that Ghanaians are extremely passionate about soccer. Working alongside a local coach, you will spend your two weeks based at our sports placement in Accra learning soccer coaching and developing your skills alongside the locals.
* This trip offers an escorted flight available on select dates from New York - JFK.
You can work on your coaching ability by preparing children for games, which you can help referee. By interacting with the children on a personal level, you will develop their skills and confidence while having fun playing soccer at the same time.
During the weekend we'll take you to Cape Coast to visit Kakum Rainforest Reserve where you can hike through the jungle and experience the canopy walkway high in the trees. You will also have the opportunity to visit Cape Coast's slave fort and learn about the history of the region.