Social Work Internships for Students
- Role: Work alongside a registered social worker or psychologist in care or medical facilities abroad as a social work intern and fulfil your university requirements.
- You must be studying social work or a similar field at university
- Spanish skills for Bolivia, Ecuador, and Mexico
For students working toward a social work degree, spending time with qualified social workers in a professional setting can be an important part of their academic career. A Projects Abroad internship will provide a platform for you to apply and enhance your knowledge in the field. All of our Social Work interns work under the guidance of professionals who provide services and support within local communities.
During your time abroad, you will encounter numerous challenging scenarios. These include domestic violence, alcoholism, child abuse, and family matters. Under the supervision of a local social worker or psychologist, you will listen, assess, and help local people to cope with or solve the challenges they face.
This is an exciting way to fill internship requirements or get university credit for your degree or just to get professional experience before graduating.
Interning in Social Work with Projects Abroad
Across the developing world, we are partnered with local care facilities (orphanages, kindergartens, care centres), hospitals, schools, and other organizations. We help with their development and goals by sharing our knowledge and resources and placing interns in programs where everyone can benefit from engaging with each other.
At each placement, we work towards long-term goals outlined in our Care Management Plans. This helps us to:
- Identify challenges faced by the placement
- Focus on creating solutions to assist these placements overcome these challenges
- Monitor the progress of the placements
- Evaluate our global impact and begin planning for the following year based on the detailed reports
As a Social Work intern, you will be a part of working toward these goals and helping to make a measurable, long-term, and positive difference in the country you work in.
Projects Abroad takes the safety of our volunteers and the children with whom they work very seriously. Read more about our Childcare Policy which applies to each one of our destinations.