Projects Abroad recommends our trusted partner travel agent Premium Travel Services to book your flights. They have over 20 years of experience arranging flights for volunteers and travelers around the world. Searching for flights online can be a time-consuming, overwhelming, and frustrating process – let them do the work for you!
They can help you book the best return flights, making sure you have the safest, most convenient, and cost-effective flight options, no matter how complex your travel plans.
Benefits of booking flights through Premium Travel Services
Their experienced travel team offers personalized service, drawing on decades of arranging flights for thousands of travelers to countries in every corner of the world. Their staff have in-depth knowledge about the countries where we work and know the best ways to get you where you need to go!
Here are just some of the benefits of booking flights with Premium Travel Services:
- We offset your carbon footprint by planting mangroves on one of our Conservation Projects for every international flight booked with
Premium Travel Services
- They provide a highly personalized, speedy, and efficient service and their staff take all of your specific needs and concerns into account
- They use safe and reliable airlines and routes
- They look for changeable tickets whenever possible
- They arrange transfers and connecting flights automatically
- They keep you up to date with all the important details – schedule changes, overnight stops or delays, baggage allowances, time-zone and date changes
- They choose sensible routes and layover times
- They will always try to put you on the same flight as at least one other volunteer (this is useful if you are a first-time traveller, especially on our High School Specials for teenagers)
- Some of the countries we work in are small and have specific airports that cannot be booked online. Premium Travel Services staff are able to book the exact airports you need to fly to
- If you want to travel independently before or after volunteering, they can help you book flights to wherever you are going, anywhere in the world
- All volunteers booking through Premium Travel Services also have access to a 24/7 emergency phone number for help with flights
Our Carbon Offsetting Initiative
When you book your flights with our trusted partner, Premium Travel Services, we offset the carbon from your flights. We'll plant 6 mangroves at one of our Conservation Projects for every 1,000 kilometres travelled. Read more about how we’re making travel more sustainable via our carbon offsetting initiative.
If you have further questions about booking flights with us, check out our Travel FAQs section below or get in touch with us directly.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flights
Here are the most frequently asked questions about booking flights with Projects Abroad, along with our answers. If you need to know anything more, please feel free to get in touch with us. We will email back quickly or we would be happy to speak to you directly.
What is my destination airport?
You can find your destination airport for each project below. Please note in some destinations you can choose to fly to an alternative airport for an extra fee.
- Argentina: Cordoba (COR)
- Belize: San Pedro (SPR) or Placencia (PLJ)
- Cambodia: Phnom Penh (PNH). You can also fly to Siem Reap (REP) for an extra fee.
- China: Chengdu (CTU) or Shanghai (PVG)
- Costa Rica: Liberia (LIR) or San Jose (SJO)
- Ecuador: San Cristobal (SCY)
- Fiji: Nadi (NAN)
- Ghana: Accra (ACC)
- Jamaica: Kingston (KIN) or Montego Bay (MBJ)
- Kenya: Nairobi (NBO)
- Madagascar: Ivato (TNR)
- Mexico: Guadalajara (GDL)
- Mongolia: Ulaanbaatar (ULN)
- Nepal: Kathmandu (KTM)
- Peru: Cuzco (CUZ) or Puerto Maldonado (PEM)
- Philippines: Mactan-Cebu (CEB)
- Romania: Bucharest (OTP)
- Samoa: Faleolo (APW)
- Senegal: Dakar (DKR)
- South Africa: Cape Town (CPT) or Polokwane (PTG)
- Sri Lanka: Colombo (CMB)
- Tanzania: Kilimanjaro (JRO) or Arusha (ARK)
- Thailand: Krabi (KBV). You can also fly to Phuket (HKT) for an extra fee.
- Vietnam: Hanoi Noi Bai (HAN)