Projects Abroad Microfinance internships are a unique way of gaining business skills while helping small businesses overseas.
Our international Microfinance placements give groups or individuals small, interest-free loans to start their own businesses. Interns support applicants through the whole process, from the initial idea to running the business.
You’ll get a taste for the business environment in your chosen destination and work with upcoming entrepreneurs. Many of the businesses we support go on to become profitable additions to local communities.
By taking on one of these internships, you can help business owners make real change. Read our blog where we talk in more detail about how we use microfinance to empower people.
Choose a Microfinance Internship
1-3 of 4 Projects
Take a Gap Semester Abroad in East AfricaSee this project
- Price: $7,345 CAD for 6 weeks
- Extra Weeks: $710 CAD
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Minimum Duration: 6 weeks
- Ages: 18-24
Micro-finance Internship in CambodiaSee this project
- Price: $2,520 CAD for 1 week
- Extra Weeks: $385 CAD
- Start Date: Anytime
- Minimum Duration: 1 week
- Ages: 16 or over
What will I gain from an international Microfinance placement?
Getting microfinance work experience gives you skills that prepare you for your next stage of education and career. You’ll also get a unique experience that you can talk about at interviews.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous interns talk about:
- Global competencies like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organising, planning, and time management.
- Hands-on business development skills in an overseas country.
- The ability to work and empathise with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’.
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone.
All of the above will enhance your resume and your personal development.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: