Our internships in Public Health can help you cross two accomplishments off your list. Firstly, you get relevant clinical experience to support your education and career in the United States. Secondly, you give back by bringing crucial healthcare services to developing communities.
This is how to get experience in Public Health with Projects Abroad:
- Work in clinics, community centers, or schools (we also do home visits in some countries)
- Learn essential medical skills, like how to measure blood pressure and sugar levels
- Use your clinical skills to conduct basic health checks
- Raise awareness of disease and other health issues during educational campaigns, like how to prevent the spread of Dengue Fever in the Philippines
- Get a deeper insight into healthcare practices and challenges in developing countries
All our global health opportunities are safe, supportive, and ethical. Our staff are there when you need them, and all of your work is supervised by a healthcare professional. Best of all, the work you do has long-term benefits for the people you treat! For example, if you do a blood sugar test that leads to a diabetes diagnosis, we refer the patient for further treatment and monitor their progress at future outreaches.
Choose a Public Health Program
1-3 of 8 Projects
Public Health Internship in CambodiaSee this project
- Price: $2,245 CAD for 1 week
- Extra Weeks: $365 CAD
- Start Date: Anytime
- Minimum Duration: 1 week
- Ages: 16 or over
Public Health Spring Break in MexicoSee this project
- Start Date: Over Spring Break
- Minimum Duration: 1 week
- Ages: 18 or over
Public Health Internship for Teenagers in CambodiaSee this project
- Price: $3,490 CAD for 2 weeks
- Extra Weeks: $715 CAD
- Start Date: During school break
- Minimum Duration: 2 weeks
- Ages: 15-18
What will I gain from health internships abroad?
Our global health volunteer programs help you prepare for the next stage of your education and career by doing something exciting and completely different. You’ll get invaluable clinical experience for your resume, which will help you stand out from the crowd and drive your professional development.
You’ll also gain other advantages, such as:
- Develop global competencies like teamwork, communication, resilience, leadership, time-management, organization, and planning
- Observe diseases and conditions that aren’t as common in your home country
- Increase your self-confidence as you push past your comfort zone
- Hone your ability to empathize and work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Experience a more in-depth internship than you might have back home
Not quite what you're looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: